Nigeria is now the 2nd most corrupt country in West Africa with Guinea-Bissau the one nation extra corrupt than Nigeria within the area.
Nigeria is now the 2nd most corrupt country in West Africa
The Corruption Notion Index (CPI) 2020 report revealed by Transparency Worldwide signifies that Nigeria occupies the 149th place out of the 180 nations surveyed as properly scored 25 out of 100 factors.
With the current ranking, Nigeria is now the second most corrupt nation in West Africa with Guinea-Bissau the one nation extra corrupt than Nigeria within the sub-region.
It may be recalled that within the 2019 report, Nigeria was ranked 146th out of the 180 nations surveyed, scoring 26 factors out of 100 factors.
What it is best to know
- The Corruption Notion Index (CPI) is an annual survey report revealed by Berlin-based Transparency Worldwide since 1995 which ranks nations by their perceived ranges of public sector corruption, as decided by knowledgeable assessments and opinion surveys.
- The CPI scales zero (0) to 100, zero means “Extremely Corrupt,” whereas 100 stands for “Very Clear”.
- Nigeria’s rating on the corruption notion index has continued to drop within the final 4 years.
- With the present rating, Nigeria is 2 steps worse off than she was in 2018 when she scored 27 factors to position 144th out of 180 nations.
- Solely 12 nations are perceived to be extra corrupt than Nigeria in the entire of Africa. The nations are the Democratic Republic of Congo, Libya, Equatorial Guinea, Sudan, Somalia, Zimbabwe, Chad, Eritrea, Burundi, Congo, Guinea Bissau, and South Sudan.
- Somalia and South Sudan stay essentially the most corrupt nations on earth, in line with the CPI 2020 rating.
- Denmark, New Zealand, Finland, Singapore, Germany, Sweden Switzerland, Norway, The Netherlands and Luxembourg are the least corrupt nations on this planet.